The Community is a place to exchange ideas and collaborate with other Jumpcut users. In order to provide all Community members with the best experience possible, please follow the Community Code of Conduct set below:
- Read and abide by the rules set forth in each Community Category. Each forum category has a unique set of posting guidelines that you should follow. They can be found as “pinned” posts at the top of each category, and are also linked below:
- "General Discussion" Rules
- "Post Your Videos Here!" Rules
- "Collaborate" Rules
- "Off-topic" Rules
Posts that do not adhere to the guidelines set forth in each Category will be DELETED. Users may receive a warning from a Community Moderator or Jumpcut Team Member, if necessary.
- Have integrity. You know basic copyright rules. Follow them. Credit content that you did not create yourself appropriately. Only share things that belong to you, or you have the right to distribute.
- Be respectful. Pretty simple: don’t be a jerk. Treat others the way you’d want to be treated. Pretend everything you say is to their face, not the computer screen. NEVER engage in trolling, personal attacks/insults, name-calling, or illegal activity anywhere in the Community. Never post personal information of others unless you have consent.
- ...But also be honest. In order to grow, people need to hear the truth. That means providing honest, valuable feedback -- even if it sounds critical. Don’t tell people something they posted is “good” unless it truly is. Sugarcoating feedback will only delay their personal growth, so be honest in your interactions. Provide meaningful feedback and constructive criticism. Only give praise when you think it’s deserved.
- Stay on topic. The Community is a place to build skills and collaborate. DO NOT use the Community to post about membership, billing, account, or technical issues. Please direct those inquiries to: , or visit the .
- Try your hardest to use proper grammar and spelling. We’re not sticklers on this one, but communicating your ideas succinctly often requires proper use of grammar and spelling. Be as good as you can about using correct grammar/spelling, or risk your ideas not coming across the way you intended.
- Do not repost deleted/removed content. We took it down for a reason -- don’t try putting it back up again without fixing it first.
- Humans only, please. Do not use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, or "data mine" the Jumpcut Community and its content. Further, do not execute any form of network monitoring, analyzing, packet sniffers, or other technologies meant to mine or intercept Jumpcut data that is not intended for you.
Failure to abide by these rules may result in dismissal from the Community.
Last update: April 3, 2017