Production InternLos Angeles, CA

“There are no rules in filmmaking. Only sins. And the cardinal sin is dullness.”

—Frank Capra


We're seeking a passionate, motivated individual to join the Jumpcut team for a twelve week, full-time, production internship.

In a nutshell, the Production Intern will be involved in ALL things production including (but not limited to) the following:

  • Administrative functions of production.
  • Daily check-ins with creative staff.
  • Sitting in on production meetings, taking notes.
  • Assisting with shooting, editing and all other video production aspects.
  • Assisting with the casting process for video shoots; posting to casting websites, booking talent.
  • Researching potential shooting locations.

In addition, the Production Intern will also assist the company's other departments -- operations in particular. Some of these tasks include, but are not limited to:

  • Managing the company's office space.
  • Maintaining and improving daily operations.
  • Administrative and clerical work, such as lunch/dinner ordering.
  • Working directly with the CEO to complete surge assignments.

Production Interns generally spend about 70% of their time working directly with production, and the remaining 30% of their time completing operational tasks. That said, we always love to see our Interns grow into bigger roles with increased responsibilities.

What We're Looking For:

  • 1-2 years experience, and/or education in Video Production with skill-sets in time management, organizing, writing, editing and shooting video.
  • Basic working knowledge of a video recording, including lighting, audio and camera work.
  • Intermediate knowledge of Premiere Pro.
  • Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills and time management skills.
  • An over-the-top optimistic, “go-getter” attitude willing to step in at any time when needed; the ability to learn on the fly and contribute right away.
  • The ability to work in a fast paced production environment.
  • The ability to adapt to last-minute changes in schedules and plans.
  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
  • Self-starter that is able to see a task through all stages until completion.

Job Location: Los Angeles, CA
Hours: 40 hours/week
Pay: $2,000/month + Catered Lunch & Dinner every day


If interested, please apply ASAP with a PDF file of your resume (resume should be ONE PAGE OR LESS).

Please do not call or email.


APPLY TO THIS JOB